Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Kikki K Peach Perforated Leather Planner ( Medium) Overview

This will be about my new project series.  I have a few small projects in mind and it involves the use of a planner.  The planner that I fell in love with is The Kikki K Peach Perforated Medium Leather planner from the "Be Brave" collection.  I have always been a fan of Kikki K so my hubby gifted me with a Kikki K voucher for my birthday.  This planner is a gift from my hubby and not from a sponsor for commercial purposes.

Below is an overview of the planner.  I will try to describe the planner in as much detail as I can.


1. The box

I loved boxes ever since I can remember.  Hence, the title of my blog.  I really hoped that they kept the boxes they used to sell the old planners in.  The old boxes have a sturdier feel to it and you lift the top up to open the box.  The new design requires you to slide the inside of the box away from the cover.  I can understand that this new design maybe a cheaper alternative to the previous boxes. This box design is easier to assemble and looks like there is no wrapping required paper required.  I would like to see the old box but I am not really complaining about this new one.  Not all new planners come in a box so Kikki K is ahead on that game.




2. The color

     I have been eyeing the peach planner before I went to visit the shop.  But when I stepped inside the store, the Ice Blue Planner is just so eye catching.  With all the blue colored products together in one shelf, the look is so fresh and cool and clean.  In contrast to the shelf where all the peach products are displayed, the whole shelf looks warm and orangy.  I instantly want the Ice blue planner like Love at first sight.  I studied the peach and held it in my hand.  I have a gut feeling that this beauty will look better under natural lighting.  It could be that the shop lighting is making it all look orangy and dark.  I left the store to clear my mind.  I went back again and knew that I will get the peach.  I paid for  the peach and never looked back.  I looked at the peach planner several times during the day under different lighting.  Early morning is when the peach  gives its best hue.  It maybe orangey and dark for some, but I would say that this color grows in you. It gets prettier every day.  Below pic is under artificial light.  It looks orangey compared to the first picture above.  The above picture is taken in the morning under natural lighting, although the photo is still more orange than the actual color.  It is hard to capture its actual color in camera but I will definitely say that it is not orange. 


3. The texture

    I am not sure how to describe leather texture.  This particular planner feels hard and rough and I like it like that as it gives me the impression that it will not become dirty very easily. It is not very rough that you wouldn't want to touch it, just enough friction against your skin to give you a good nice grip.

   The perforations are squarish in shape.  The holes are probably around 2mm deep.  The inside of the holes are grayish, more like cardboard color.  It makes me wonder how beautiful it would look if the insides of the holes are gold or some color contrasting with the peach. Nevertheless, the gray holes doesn't compete with the beautiful peach.


4.  The hardware

      The hardwares are gold in color.  The binder rings feel high quality.  I love the gold hardware against the peach.  The gold color is more on the yellow side and also very shiny.  I rubbed my fingers across the rings and it seems fingerprint proof as well.  My ring binders open and close without any hiccups.  No ring gaps as well.  When measured with a ruler, the ring diameter is around 3 cm. 

Opening the popper doesn't give me a problem either.  It looks and feels like it is tighly secured to the strap. 


5.  The cotton cloth interior and pockets

     The interior fabric matched the leather perfectly.  From afar, it looks like the whole planner, plus the interior is covered in leather.  In close inspection, it is a cotton fabric.  I am worried that because of the light color, it might get dirty very fast.  Although it feels like it is somehow a  protected fabric, I will still be mindful on preventing accidentally putting pen ink on the fabric. 

On the plus side, the stitching looks uniform and clean.  The thread used for the stitching is also peach so the design looks seamless and clean.

Pockets are ok in this planner.  It has 2 card slots, 1 secretarial pocket and 2 note pad slots.  I am not very fussy with pockets as I can always add storage slots inside the binder with handmade envelopes and business card holder inserts. 


6.  The inserts

     I plan to use the inserts provided in the planner so I don't waste any of it.  However, I have few comments.  First, the labels feel like there is not a lot.  Only 6 blank tab labels, so there is very little room for error when using labels.  Next, is the month in 2 pages inserts. Is it just me or anyone else bothered as to why there are no margins on the sides of the pages? But, it will have to do, I can ignore it.  Good thing is that Kikki K is generous with the number of pages.  The paper provided are a lot so I will be making hundreds of my lists and still have spare note pages left.  


I hope I described this great planner in detail to help you if you are looking at getting this planner.  For some people, it may seem like just a notebook but for planner/notebook enthusiast like me, I need this kind of information when selecting a planner.  My hubby always laugh at me when I describe a notebook to him, I can go on forever.

I would like to hear your from you.  I welcome any comments and please feel free to ask any questions.  A

Although I have been using planners for a long time, only recently have I learned about the planner love or planner community in the internet and would like to be a part of it.  To end this post, here is my 17 year old planner.  

6 comments:

  1. I've been debating about getting this planner! I love the peach color but have been on the fence. I think I might order it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. 🎀 The new Kikki K planners are really pretty and unique, it's really hard to decide what to get. Hope you get your planner soon :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. When i first lay my eyes on the new perforated Kikki K in peach i fell in love. One month later and now it's mine. I got it in the mail yesterday. But i'm so sad and disappointed when i open the box and see the color. It's just to much orange :( In their website it looks so lovely pastell peach. Orange is a color i dont' like at all! So this planner don't made my day.But I'm glad to read that you love yours :) Have a happy planning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that you have that experience. The color does look different from the website. It can go from orangy to peachy pink. Hope you can sort your planner soon.

      Delete
  3. When i first lay my eyes on the new perforated Kikki K in peach i fell in love. One month later and now it's mine. I got it in the mail yesterday. But i'm so sad and disappointed when i open the box and see the color. It's just to much orange :( In their website it looks so lovely pastell peach. Orange is a color i dont' like at all! So this planner don't made my day.But I'm glad to read that you love yours :) Have a happy planning :)

    ReplyDelete